Provide First Aid
- Course Code and Title:
- HLT Health Training Package
- Unit Code and Title:
- HLTAID0011 – Provide First Aid
- Qualification Issued:
- Statement of Attainment – HLTAID0011 Provide First Aid
- Components Included:
- HLTAID009 – Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
HLTAID010 – Provide Basic Emergency Life Support
HLTAID011 – Provide First Aid
- This qualification is valid for 3 years. The only component of this qualification that may need to be updated, is the CPR component. The Australian Resuscitation Councils recommends that CPR is renewed annually.
Successful completion of this course, provides trainees with the knowledge and skills to be able to provide first aid responses and treatment to a casualty in a range of situations, including the workplace, or the general community. Knowledge covers; the chain of life – DRSABCD, life-threatening emergencies or injuries, and to provide help until medical help arrives, (CPR) cardiopulmonary resuscitation, and provide treatment for the unconscious casualty.