Course in the Management of Asthma
Risks and Emergencies in the Workplace
- Course Code and Title:
- 22556VIC – Course in the Management of Asthma Risks and Emergencies in the Workplace
- Unit Code and Title:
- VU22927 Manage asthma risks and emergencies in the workplace
- Accreditation Status:
- General Competencies:
- The Course 22556VIC – Course in the Management of Asthma Risks and Emergencies in the Workplace does not align with any specific VET Quality Framework level. It is designed to complement other training in the Health Training Package. Trainees who successfully complete this nationally recognised training will be awarded the Certificate of Completion: 22556VIC – Course in the Management of Asthma Risks and Emergencies in the Workplace.
A copy of training package information related to this qualification can be found at:
Vocational or Educational Outcomes
Successful completion of this course will provide trainees with the knowledge and skills to be able to provide emergency asthma management in the work place. It provides background knowledge of the causes, symptoms and the effects of asthma, as well as emergency treatment.
Entrants should have numeracy and literacy skills equivalent to level 2 of the National Reporting System. This means that the trainee must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Reading and Writing: Read and comprehend a range of simple texts and write a range of short texts in a number of contexts, which may be inter-related.
- Oral Communication: Use and respond to language around everyday subject matter, which may include some unfamiliar aspects for a range of purposes in a number of contexts, which may be inter-related, including some unfamiliar material.
- Numeracy and Mathematics: Deal easily with straightforward calculations, either manually and/or using a calculator. An example of a NRS level 2 activity is requesting appropriate emergency assistance at the scene of a First Aid incident.
Identifying Special Needs
Person(s) participating in training may have special needs. Where these needs are identified through the enrolment process the trainer will explore the options available to them to support the learner through the training program. Trainee’s with special needs may include those with language, literacy and/or numeracy problems, disabilities, and anxious or inexperienced trainees.
The trainee will be required to show proof of ID for this course. The usual POI would be photographic license and the enrolment form must have the legal name as evidenced by the proof of evidence document.